Friday, December 21, 2007

Tired, cold, mad: bad combination

Just plain mad. I exited my apartment in a flurry with all kinds of bad French words in my head ready to hit the first person that gave me a bad look. Still the heat problem here, and today I was given a gas heater which when turned off, smokes. Lovely. It is ten thirty in the evening here, I wanted to go to bed, but the adrenaline from the conversation and the fumes that still linger even with the windows open are keeping me awake. So I fume, the wind whips through my apartment and well Merry Christmas to all of you.
It has been a little while since I have written I have been in kind of a funk lately. I am tired, frustrated not to be able to climb, so I am running. I didn’t realize how much I really don’t like it, but I have a race coming up in a few months so I have to put in the time. Laura is coming soon, followed by the Loya’s so all that will be really nice.
And in two days I leave for Barcelona to be with the Spanish assistant, her family and boyfriend and little baby, Martina. Just turned one. I promise that I will post pictures of this trip and write a little something as well.
Merry Christmas. Some I will see sooner than others…

6 comments:

DC said...

a note from Chicago---
To make matters worse for you, I ll leave you this little bit of a climber tease:
http://www.apple.com/pro/profiles/kinglines/video.html
However, I will say that I thought of you when I saw it today. Cheers for your blogging. Merry Christmas. DCollins

Garrett said...

bummer buddy, you should take up boxing...miss ya!

Ben and Jennifer said...

Thinking warm thoughts for you!!!

Josh Pfriem said...

A good beer and a deep breath helps me get out of funk sometimes :)

But telling someone to "F off" in French might be kinda of fun too!

Cheers and Love

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas Hunter! Have fun in Barcelona! You are in my prayers! Bessica

earl sullivan said...

running sucks.
also i agree with josh about the french language.