Sunday, January 20, 2008

This is why I call it messy

Written Friday night at 7:30

Uh. I kind of feel disgusting right now. I came home from school at 10:30, took at nap, woke up to go on a run, talked to Laura, and now, under the overhead light of my apartment, I am watching some of the movie 300. So to the group of people who have been following my blog, thanks, and here is a little of the unglamorous part of my life here. Ugh, it is moments like this, and this past week has been one of them, that I sort of feel like I am waisting my life. I have had many people tell me that I am to hard on myself, that I work to hard to be perfect, well I admit to this, but this thing in my spirit/stomach pulls at me and tells me that I was made to do more with my life than eat, sleep and watch worthless movies. Pfriem, thanks for setting an example.

Welcome to the more messy side of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hunter, I love how you want more for your life. I think it's great. Jesus wants great things for your life too. I can feel the same way you do, guilty about doing nothing. I used to think that it was bad but I think it's okay to have a sense of wanting more and knowing that you can make a difference. I think it's great that staying home watching a movie and not doing much isn't fullfilling for you. I know I am suppose to tell you that you need balance and it's okay to relax, but if you are feeling something of boredom and restlesness, listen to that as well. You are making a difference, don't forget that even if you do take a day off from time to time.

jesse said...

that longing can drive you mad, but only if you never respond. The bad movie thing is a conundrum i find myself in often. I sit down to a stupid movie and expect my brain to turn off but it doesn't( as it shouldn't) So i sit there and finish the dumb movie and feel like shit when its over cause its an hour or two that I will never get back. Shouldn't we just turn the movie off? This lesson should be applied to all other similar situations in life. If we feel like we should be doing something else, maybe we should.
Kisses

Garrett said...

hunter your post was the straw that broke the camels back. those thoughts have been stirred in myself of late and this dissatisfaction and messier side has arisen strongly to the point i cannot ignore it, action is needed not just more thought. i thank you for being honest enough with yourself to spur me to be honest with myself. xoxo