Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Happenings

I just realized that there is a lot going on in my life at the moment. Some of it good, and some hard and some exciting and well I guess I should just get to going on the telling of the last few months.
I am a volunteer firefighter in the state of Washington. This is exciting. Apparently there was a orientation today that wasn't on the sheet they gave us, but the last of the Connally clan was getting married down in Tacoma, so i wasn't able to be there. Not able meaning that I didn't know about this meeting. So appart from missing the first major training session, I am really excited about starting this. I got all my gear for the academy that will start soon, and even a really sweet helmet with my name on the back.

I started counceling. I needed some feedback from an outside source to walk through some messiness. I have had one session, but I am excited about going for a while and seeing what comes from it.

Laura and I broke up. If you know me from the last almost year and a half, Laura was a huge part of my life. This is the hard/sad/good part of my life at the moment. I know that it was the right thing, albeit hard, but we are both moving forward.

The return to Bellingham. There are so many people coming back to Bellinham I can hardly contain all the stoked emotions. Team Pfriem came back with their beautiful two year old and dog and incredible beer talents to work in a local brewery that hasn't been so successful as of late. The Groves have been here since the beginning of the summer, the Mauss fam has been here for a little bit, and the list goes on of people who once were lost, but have been found again in the sweet embrace of Bellingham's sometime drenched, but loving arms.

And biking. I have become hooked on it as have some of the TN crew mainly the two bros, Edward, and Kevin. We are trying to convert the world. I have been volunteering at a local bike shop called The Hub, and have been looking at bikes to fix and to fix up to bomb around on and make a few extra bucks. I love helping people there and the satisfaction of having them come in and leave without me having to ask someone else a single question. It is so sweet. All I do is help people. It is sweet.

1 comment:

earl sullivan said...

have you grown out of fixies yet?