Friday, January 23, 2009

Having to move on...without wheels

I would love to say that I gave her up after a long hard fight where I tried tirelessly for hours and hours and blood sweat and tears to revive her, but it wasn't the case.
During the freeze here in Bellingham I forgot, well thought the best of my truck, that I could leave it in sub-freezing temps for over a week with little to no anti-freeze, and it would be fine. Well no. I cracked the block. So for two bills I gave it to a county guy. It was sad to see her go, so sad. With the MBA alumni, American flag and Obama sticker on the back window. It was a running contradiction. So now I have only the bike and Laura's truck... oh wait, yep her head gasket needs to be changed. No car for a while!

4 comments:

Mark W. Mallman said...

This is sad news.

I love that truck, though not as much as I know you do. Yours is a love/hate or love/fix relationship, isn't it.

I will not soon forget bundled in the truck bed with you for three hours of sleep in Butte, Montana as we waited out the pelting snow in the middle of the night. Yee-haw!

Annie Pfriem said...

Welcome to the (mostly) car free life! Nothing like riding the bike in the old Ham Sun or Rain...more rain in our case here I guess?
Sorry, we missed you guys at our house last night...thanks for giving Bridget a hand with the little one!

earl sullivan said...

remember towing that truck with lauras truck and an old climbing rope? taking that heavy, heavy boat with holes to fish in squalicum?
damn.

Lisa said...

did that old stuffed blue dog go with it?