Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Milemarker

I am officially a French functionaire (which means governmental employee). Today I looked at my account to see where I was at in euros, and there it was triple digits and all. What did I feel there? Proud. I sort of wanted to turn to the middle age woman behind me in line and say, “um, excuse me, but I am an American being paid by your government, how bout it?” I think this constitutes my first real job out of college, yep put it on the resume I’m doin’ it. So what did I do with my newfound resolve and excitement? I went to the closest grocery and bought some Gruyere cheese, a huge beer made in Alsace, which is near the German border, and went home to eat a good meal, drink this lovely beer and write a few letters.
Cheers

5 comments:

Christina said...

Ca Alors! is prolly what she'd said..hehe..awesome man! Three digits is jollygoodfun! Can't remember when that happened to me..haha! take care :)

Lisa said...

happy for you, friend.

Garrett said...

Big Congrats, your first "real" job and of course it is in a foreign country, why would you get a job like we all do working retail right out of college in our college town? Proud of ya!

earl sullivan said...

mmmm... yep.

Unknown said...

ok so im a little blog-illiterate, but i got it now. im all over it!

p.s. you should have turned around and given that lady a high five and screamed something unintelligable, but ecstatic -- with a big ol' southern accent like we all know you can. that'd show the french!