Thursday, July 24, 2008

Playing in the dirt.

Almost thirty and still playing in the dirt. It wouldn't be so bad save that it is the way I am making my living here in good old Bellingham. The landscaping stuff is fun. I like washing up to my elbows at the end of a day, but I am ready for a change. I am ready to take a break from stressing about where my next paycheck is coming from. I just finished a flagstone patio for some friends, while being accepted for a volunteer position at the Bellingham Fire District 4.

What this means is that I have two twelve hour shifts twice a month and this fall they are going to send me to EMT school. I am excited. I have been going for training sessions each Monday for the last few weeks and in a classroom type setting we have been learning everything from infant triage to how to use the new radios. The best part though is to have a call and see the teams mobilize in a matter of seconds and be out doing cool stuff. So yes, I am excited and happy to be where I am and doing what I am doing.

Now I have found a job with a property management company here in Bellingham. They manage quite a few large buildings here in the city limits, including a few of the hospital buildings, so that will be a lot of roof time and learning what they have to teach me.

Hopefully within a few months I will be writing a bolg about how I am playing with fire... well putting it out at least.

4 comments:

Kelly Frederick said...

hunter hunter hunter....very exciting. i would trust you to put out a fire at our house any day of the week. you're the bomb :)

Garrett said...

it was good working with you my friend, we will have to do that again sometime...just not a big patio!

Pace said...

just wanted you to know you're loved and talked about often around these parts. afton brings you up every couple of days. we miss you!

earl sullivan said...

my man.
i'm excited for you.