Wednesday, November 28, 2007

28.11.07

Rotten apples spoil the bunch; a rotten kid can ruin your day. I try. Try to make the topics interesting, but today one kid would not shut up. Tried to ignore him, nothing. He was interrupting with useless English words. The third straight hour of teaching and thankfully the last, I was a little tired and edgy. Raphael, who took me home, gave me ammunition I can use to discipline them. Made it home before one and don’t have class for twenty-four hours, so I take the afternoon off. Looking for a pot to cook soup in, hesitated, to big? Left empty-handed. Right to the lovely library. I like it there, the clientele is interesting. Came home, napped, spent time being quiet in front of Jesus, and made crepes while talking to Laura on Skype. Looking for class ideas so watched some episodes of Friends. Yannick called. Quickly crawled into sub-zero bed, the first five seconds are the worst.

3 comments:

Annie Pfriem said...

"Sub zero beds"made me laugh with my mornings here in utah...I hear Josh fire up the grinder to the coffee machine and try to ignore the baby babbling coming from Sahale's crib in the closet that is adjacent to our room, every morning I pray to God that this will be the morning that Sahale decides that she needs to sleep till 10:30 or maybe even 11:00....I promise Sahale pancakes but she is never interested...once she starts the moaning from the crib I usually drag myself out of my warm bed...anyways thought of you with the "sub-zero bed" comment. Tell Laura we say "hi".
Cheers...

Unknown said...

i love your first and last sentences. clever writing. i think this is a fantastic way for you to keep up with yourself and others. i like it a lot.

Lisa said...

i just hate kids.

and sub-zero beds sound dreadful.

hope for better tomorrow...